Be a Business Consultant! – BA 404
An Award Winning Program of the College of Business Administration
BA 404 Aztec Consulting, will be offered on Friday from 10:00 – 12:40 by Dr. John Francis. Students will act as “business consultants” to selected businesses, with the City of San Diego Small Business Enhancement Program, working in three and four member teams to provide consulting assistance. Teams will work on one semester-long consulting project. In addition, students will also have an opportunity to be involved in SDSU’s business – entrepreneurship community outreach program.
BA 404 can be taken either as a business elective or in lieu of MGT 405 [a required course]. Marketing students can elect to take this course in lieu of one Marketing elective course [with one unit of MKT 498 to yield a total of four units]. Management students can take this course in lieu of one Management elective course (but cannot take the course in lieu of MGT 405).
- All business core courses [FIN 323, MKT 370, MGT 350 and MIS 302] completed
- GPA 2.75 or above
- Instructor approval
Students in this course typically have these skills:
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well with others – strong team player
- “Get-it-done” attitude
- Entrepreneurial mindset, highly self-reliant
- Good computer skills, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The class will be small [30 students maximum]. Students must apply to take the course, which fills quickly, so plan to register as early as possible. Here is the link to sign up: Student Application